Thursday, August 23, 2007

Doing research...

I did my three mile run this morning and it was solid. I did it a minute faster than I had done it on Tuesday, and the whole time I was running I felt like I was going slower than I had on the previous run. It was pretty windy and for the majority of the run it was coming at me sideways. Of course, the shortest part of the run was when it was at my back so I didn't get much help there! Ha.

Today in between clients I've been trying to come up with a running schedule. A lot of places I've looked recommend running three days a week and rest or cross train the other days and have two day rest before your long run. Other places advocated running every day - which at this point I'm not ready for. Another site suggests two long runs a week and a speed run and then moderate runs the other three days with one day of rest per week.

Right now I'm just running three days a week, but I feel like I should be doing more, so next week I'm going to try to up it to four, which hopefully will be speed work, and then increase as I feel ready. I still have a long way to go, but it's fun planning the journey!

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Andria, Running a fourth day will probably feel right, plus you'll pick up some endurance just by adding another day. If you increase mileage on one day to make it longer, inch up slowly.

There are no perfect schedules published--just the one that works for you.

So glad you're enjoying your running.