Friday, January 25, 2008

Bits and pieces

Okay, I know I still need to do the race report. I'm working on it here and there so that I can get it posted but the days just don't seem to be long enough. So I'm going to be posting a bit out of order.

When I ran Disney most of my family was there. It was so great to have them all there to share the experience with me. It was great (especially after mile 22) to have M and B meet me as I ran through MGM (now Disney Hollywood Studios ) and Epcot.

The really great part, however, is that all of my siblings are now excited and want to do Disney next year. We are all overweight and diabetes runs in our family. I'm so happy that we are all trying to get healthy. My two older sisters have signed up for their first 5k together next weekend, and my brother has signed up for a half marathon in 4 months (well, closer to 3) in Oklahoma City that I'll be running with him.

My sister P has just started her own blog here. She has the next year planned out to increase gradually and work her way up to Disney 09. She is a cancer survivor and has been working hard to get healthy. She's amazing and strong but hates running. Well, that's what she says now, but give her a few months and I know she'll be singing a different tune. Who wouldn't love running!!! She's going to get fitted for her shoes this weekend and I'm so proud of her that she's going to do this with us!

Okay, I'll try to get the race report done this weekend, but I'm still dealing with pretty difficult stuff and I want the race report to be complete, so I'll get it in when I can. Thanks for being so patient with me!

Oh, and I did my first post-marathon run the other day and it was awesome. Short, but it felt great to be back out there again. I was worried I wouldn't want to run again, but now that the rest of the family is starting I have to keep up the momentum. Yay!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That's awesome that you have motivated the rest of your family to get involved in what you love to do. Now you will all have something to talk about and people to run with! If I could only convince my sister...that's not going to happen ;)
Congrats again on Disney and looking forward to your report.

What Me Run? said...

You are an inspiration to all of us in the family, Andi! And you always have been - the running is just the latest edition.

I am sure that I will still hate running - but I will do it. My favorite part of running? The end - when it ends, you know the end. That is when I am the furthest away from having to run again...

Thanks! -P