Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goal 26.2 = Accomplished

I will write a full race report later, but I DID IT!!! I start crying every time I think about it. It was an amazing experience and I'm ready to sign up for next year. I have a lot of room for improvement.

There was a team that was wearing shirts that said:
Dead Last Finish beats Did Not Finish which trumps Did Not Start.

That's exactly how I felt. Just getting to the starting line was a huge deal. Actually, when I went to the expo and picked up my bib I started crying because I couldn't believe I had made it that far. Basically I was a big cry baby the whole weekend because each part just overwhelmed me. This is something that I have dreamed of for a long time.

Thanks be to God who gave me strong legs and a good pair of running shoes. Thanks to all my family who was there to cheer me on, or who were at home tracking my progress or were waiting for the call to hear that I finished. Thanks to all my BRF's who have been so encouraging along the way. You were all with me on my run.

I'll write again later, but WOW! I can now say I'm a marathoner.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

YEEEAAAAHHHH!! I'm just ecstatic for you. YOU DID IT.

Congrats.

Andria said...

I have a treat just for you Nancy once my family sends me some pictures... Well, inspired by you and in honor of all my BRFs who were running with me in spirit.

Marcy said...

CONGRATS Andria!!! That is soooo awesome!! I can't wait to see this report! ;D

Stuart said...

Awesome! Congrats.

Love the shirt idea "Dead Last Finish beats Did Not Finish which trumps Did Not Start"...may have to borrow that

Jamie said...

Yeah! Way to go! I'm so happy for you!!! Don't worry about the tears I was the same way and still get choked up when I think about my race :) Looking forward to your race report.

Bill Carter said...

I really am so excited for you! I hope that it made you feel things that you have never felt before because from now on you are a different person.. You are a

MARATHONER!!

Congrats and I can't wait to read your race report.

zanne said...

YAY! I cannot wait to hear all the details. i was the same way after my first ... bawled like a baby every time i thought about it once i was done. that is a great place to be! happy, satisified & proud. way to go!!!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Way to Go! Enjoy that feeling for a long time. It's a good one.

Pokey said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!

Hurry and post so we can read about it!!! :)

I am LOVING that shirt slogan....that is sooooooo for me! :)