Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Apologies

I'm very sorry that I have not posted in a long time. I try not to air my frustrations on-line since it's so public, but basically I've been going through a very rough time with my hubby. I won't go into detail, but it's kept me from doing a lot of things that I've wanted to.

I haven't been running nearly as much as I needed to as a result of the crap I've been dealing with, but I'm still going to Disney. I was talking to my sister M the other day and I said I don't care if it takes me the whole 7 hours, I just want to cross the finish line. She told me that just getting to the starting line was a big enough accomplishment for her. So, you know what, I don't think that's setting my standards too low. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and just making it happen is enough.

I know I've missed out on a lot the past two months and I'm trying to pick up the pieces and figure out the next step of my life. The Disney Marathon is this weekend and even if I walk it I'm still going to do it. I'd like to say to all my BRF's who have supported me all along, thank you. I've missed you guys and I look forward to catching up with you. You have all been amazing support and I probably should have been better about updating on everything, but I've had enough dealing with other things that I'm far behind with everything.

I'm excited that I'm going to be spending a lot of time with my family this weekend, it's exactly what I need. I can't wait to see you all at Disney!

I'll update again as soon as I can. Thanks!

8 comments:

Bill Carter said...

Andria

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we've missed you. I wasn't really sure if you had stopped training or had some life tragedy, but I know that whole spouse thing can be a terrible life changing experience. It is an unfortunate thing in our society, but for whatever reason many marriages, engagements etc. fail or go through some really rough times. I do know that every study out there right now says that we are more stressed out at this time than any other in history!

I originally started running because I couldn't handle life anymore. I actually got so sick from the stress that I ended up in the hospital after my body collapsed at work one day. They were sure I was having a heart attack..luckily it was just a nervous breakdown and stress.

So, hang in there... and keep on running.

I'll be thinking about you in the meantime.

K80K said...

Sounds like you are taking the perfect approach with Disney. If you see a brunette somewhere out there dressed in green with a Her Sports and Fitness cap on say "Hi!" That will be me. :)

Marcy said...

(((HUGS)))Andria!! We've all missed you but TOTALLY understand that you've had to be away.

You have a FANTASTIC (sorry, stealing that from Jamie :P) attitude about Disney and you WILL cross that line ;-) I can't wait to read about it! ;D ;D

Jamie said...

Andria - I was worried about you! But I am glad to hear you will be continuing with Disney. And you are taking the perfect approach. Hang in there with all the other messy life stuff. Just like running life is a roller coaster there are difficult times and really amazing times and some just okay times. Hang in there! Running helps ease the stress and seeing family will help even more.

And I'm very happy to see Marcy incorporate the word FANTASTIC in her comment ;) I know you will rock your race and have a FANTASTIC time with family.

zanne said...

andria,
no need to apologize - just glad you are back i love that you are still going to disney - good for you! i'm sure that no matter what happens there, it will be a great catharsis - running has an amazing knack for keeping everything centered and for giving us the opportunity to just get it all out.
enjoy your time with your family. can't wait to hear how it went ...

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

So glad to hear that you are doing it! Enjoy the race, savor the great thinking time!

Nancy said...

Oh Hon, I'm so sorry, been wondering about you. My absences from blogging are usually similarly explained, if you know what I mean. I hope everything will work out. We are all here whenever you need us. Please take care.h

Andria said...

Thank you all. I've missed you. The encouragine comments are always a huge help to me. I look forward to catching up with you all soon. I love you guys!