Monday, November 26, 2007

12677

Okay, so I've been wanting to ask what helps you all to be motivated when it is cold and dark out? I seem less happy when I start my runs and its so chilly. Eventually once I warm up and the endorphins kick in I'm happy again, but the cold is driving me crazy! Next time I know, sign up for a non-winter marathon. Haha!

But on another note, I found this week's motivation - I got my info from Disney. Just the waiver form and a pretty color booklet, but it has my race number on it. Now it's real. This is coming so fast. I can't wait but I think I'm starting to stress just a bit too!

Oh, and I don't know what's going on with my countdown. I'll try to figure it out, but if anyone knows what happened, let me know. Thanks.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah pre-race booklet!!! I must have looked at mine a gazillion times before they race.

My motivation is lacking too right now. I hear you on the winter marathon! It sounds like a good idea when you sign up and it's nice outside. Reading blogs and reminding myself how I will feel after my run keeps me going. Hang in there! The big day will be here before you know it!

Marcy said...

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I hear ya on the lack of motivation in the cold and dark. I swear it feels like my body wants to snap in half the first 20 minutes into a run *sigh*

Nancy said...

If I knew, I'd be skinny or at least running a lot more. I know that first step out the door is the hardest.

zanne said...

i can't help here. i don't need any extra motivation to get out the door in the cold. i love running in the winter - so much more so than summer runs. and the thing about the dark is that no one will be able to see the snot running out of your nose from the cold cause its' so damn dark out.

Andria said...

Oh my word Zanne, that's a good motivator right there. Haha!

Dave Fleet said...

Wow... I soooo wish I was getting ready to run with you! How exciting :)

That said, I am NOT dealing well with the oncoming winter... as the grouchy posts on my site will attest!

Zanne - that's a delightful image - thanks! :)

Andria... consider yourself tagged!

Bill Carter said...

Oh, I love the pre-race booklet. It seems I read it so many times that at some point I have it memorized. I even like to look at the pre-race book post race. I know... huge dork but what can I say. That race is coming fast so you need to keep on running... cold or not.
I'm going to be keeping an eye on you Andria.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Welcome to winter! I use any sunny day as my motivation. Then there are all of those spring races to get you moving.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I hope is all still going well! I have been keeping good thoughts as you head into the last 4 weeks.