Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day three of the commute

And my legs are aching for a run! Believe me, the commute won't be long for long. I've signed up to do a 5k as part of the Corporate Challenge that my company competes in. That is on May 10th so I'm planning to be living closer by that time because no way I want to add a day to my commute, even though it's for a good cause!



On Saturday we went out and did the family run and it was amazing! This week we had a ton of family members all across the country going out at different times and then sending out an e-mail as we finished. It started with my brother in Florida, then he passed the torch on to my sisters in Massachusetts and I, then on and on all day. We called it the family relay since it went all throughout the day. It was really great to see the messages roll in with different times and distances from Maine, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Florida, Texas, Oregon and Kansas. My husband thought he should get some milage for washing the car, but we had to draw the line somewhere right? LOL!



We decided to all start a family blog about our getting fit. Some of us are walkers, runners, bicyclists, water polo players, hockey players, yogis, and a whole slew of different things! We are just trying to keep each other motivated. It's pretty cool. You should go check it out here.

7 comments:

Tracie said...

I know that commutes are miserable. I am spoiled right now, I live about 1 mile from work. It takes me about 3 minutes to get there because there are some stop signs on the way. It is a rough adjustment but you just have to ask yourself if you love what you're doing.
I know you'll figure out a way to fit in your runs b/c that's who you are, you're a runner - you've said it yourself. Just hang tough and you'll have it figured out before you know it!!!

Marcy said...

What an AWESOME idea chica! If there were more peeps in my fam that were active I'd totally copy LMAO!

Hayley said...

The 5k sounds fun! Plus it'll be a great way to meet some new runners among your coworkers! :D

Kristen said...

You're moving?? Are you guys selling your house? You rock. I can't wait for 2011!!!!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Andria

Just getting caught up... congrats on the new job and glad to hear all is well with the family. I wold love to get my family into shape, but so far have been completely unsuccessful.

Hope all is well with your running.

What Me Run? said...

What we are finding with the family relay is that folks that are not in shape or active are getting there. We have one family member that walked to get pussy willows in order to get out and add mileage. Another agreed to walk the dog to add a mile to the total. Another one "went around the block twice" with her dog. One decided to walk around the work parking lot at lunchtime to add mileage. These are folks that if you asked would say they are not athletic. But, because of the family relay, they got out and did a mile. In a couple of weeks, we will do a family relay of "cross traning" and see what folks come up with...Snow shoveling will hopefully be done up in Maine, but you never know in New England.

Nancy said...

Wow that is fantastic.