Tuesday, August 21, 2007

3 mile run

Yep, I set out on my three miles this morning and I ran the whole thing! WOOHOO!!! The route is a rectangle and right before I make the last turn to get back to the starting point there is a hill. I always get to the top of the hill and for some reason (and it really does happen every time) I think East Street is one block further than it actually is. It's a pleasant surprise when I see that I'm nearly there, but today when I saw the street sign I just started giggling like a mad woman. I knew I was almost to the end and I would be able to make it. While the giggling didn't help my breathing much, it felt so good I didn't care.

When I made the last turn, I tried to pick up the pace just a bit. I guess the pace was what I've recently learned is a tempo pace. It's faster than what I was doing so that it's definitely harder, but it's not quite a sprint. I finished laughing just about as hard as when I saw the street sign. Gotta love the endorphins!

A cross training day is definitely in order for tomorrow. After the long run on Sunday, my legs felt pretty tired today. I know I need to do some cross training and I'm thinking maybe some yoga or pilates would be great for all the stretching.

3 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Andria, what a great run--all that giggling and laughing. You carry a great spirit with you on your runs.

And Sunday's run...way to go!!! That's a lot of fitness going on.

Your weather in KS is hotter than hours; be careful with the heat and stay hydrated.

Keep up the great work!

Bill Carter said...

Congratulations on your run. If you set your mind to it, someone like you will do a marathon for sure. It is really 90% guts and only abut 10% preperation to do your first. It sounds like you really enjoy running and yeah, you've got to love those endorphins.

Best of luck.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I love the feeling of hitting a distance that was once hard and then you just arrive. I always wish I could bottle it and keep it for the rest of the day.
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com