Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So happy with my new shoes!

I used them today for my 3-mile run and they were awesome. The first mile, my feet didn't know what to think. They were like "what's this? Comfy shoes? How are we supposed to run in comfy shoes?" Then my feet got used to it and the run turned out great. I've decided that in my previous runs it wasn't so much that my legs got tired, but my feet got tired. I ended the three miles and my feet were still ready to go.

The plan this week is to add another day. I have found a plan (after looking at a lot of them) that I feel comfortable with to help me train for Disney. It is a 17 week plan that involves running 4-6 days a week. At this point I'm running three days and so I want to get up to four before the 17 weeks starts. I've read about having a base to start with before you "officially" can say you are training for a marathon. Two more weeks and it's official, though I think the day I signed up for the race I could officially say I was in training.

Today is an easy day here at work and so I've been looking at other peoples blogs and it's so great to read other people's stories. I was just reading Running Hoosier (http://runninghoosier.blogspot.com/) and he commented that reading other peoples stories makes him want to get out there and run. I find that to be so true! I ran this morning so I'm good for the day, but then I read someone else's story and I think "maybe I should run when I get home, just for fun this time." What is it about us that makes us just want to get out there? Some days it really is hard to say, "no, I already ran. I don't want to burn out. Stick with the plan!" Sometimes not sticking with the plan can be just as fun though. Right Bill?http://marathondudebill.blogspot.com/2007/08/thursdayand-that-means-thai-food.html

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Andria, as someone from a different viewpoint then everyone else who seems to be making comments on your blog. Let me first say BRAVO, I can not tell you how proud of you I am. That is so incredibly aweesome to have this goal and stick to it. You have always been a person who sets goals and achieves them so I have NO doubts this one will be exactly the same!! Here's my question for you. Do you run to music at all? I LOATHE running with a passion, you know that I do it for a living and just don't share the same passion for it as you and your fellow bloggers do. I have to come up with handy "quirks" to make it easier any way that I can. Well when MP3 players came out I bought one...I researched them forever...I ended up with an IRiver b/c it was one of the few brands that would go up loud enough to make a sane person deaf. LOL. The key to me making it through a run (because it seems as though I am only able to focus on how hard I'm breathing or how bad my body hurts)is to have some awesome upbeat music on my MP3 player and I turn it up so loud I probably wouldn't hear a train go by. I have learned that if I can't hear myself breathing hard then I don't realize how tired I am and I could run for days. Obviously this may not work for everyone and it may be different for those of you who Love the idea of running but for those of us who dread the very idea of 430am PT (physical training)we need anything we can to make it easier. You are doing awesome and you are definitely motivated with a goal - keep it up and continue to strive!!!

Bill Carter said...

New shoes! It is amazing what a difference they can make....I know it is a little cheesy, but to a runner, they are like a breath of fresh air (pun intended). Congrats on the happy feet. I think that your approach to the Disney Marathon should be the approach everybody takes. I ran (and I use that term loosely) my first marathon in '03 and it was a disaster. I didn't train, hydrate, or run the race properly and it almost made me quite running. You won't let that happen and your running should continue long after your Disney experience.

Best of luck,
Bill