Thursday, August 9, 2007

What a great morning to run!

First let me just start by saying that whenever I try to keep a journal I always put off the start because I feel like I have to write a big introduction. But, as I want to keep this up as much as possible, I'll save the big intro for when I have more time (once my work project is done?).

I ran this morning and it was so great. The days have been so hot here that it is still in the 90's at 9:00 at night. So, this morning it was only 73 and it had stormed last night after weeks without rain, so it was just refreshing. I just ran my short run because I find myself awkward in the mornings. I do better in the afternoon/evening runs, but I would love to be a morning runner instead. But it's hard to wrestle on a sports bra first thing when you roll out of bed.

2 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Andria, welcome to the world or running bloggers! I know what you mean about journals. I'm on again off again with them. Think of your blog as conversations. Over time other runners will find you and you'll be having conversations all over. I blog with a running friend, Amy, and we're from Iowa, where it's been miserably hot too, but maybe not as hot as Kansas.

I admire your goal to run a marathon. That distance is thrilling, challenging, and also so rewarding. I wish you luck achieving the goal.

Mornings are my preference for running too only without the wrestling match you have.

Stop by our site some time to visit. Keep up your good running and posting.

Andria said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I do find that wanting to be able to update the blog encourages me to run on those days when it's just hard to get on the road.