Thursday, November 15, 2007

Has it really been 9 days?

Where the heck does the time go? I am having a hard time keeping up with this thing! Sorry.

I took the weekend and did some cross training. I busted out a lot of my old workout videos and as easy as they used to be for me, this time they kicked my butt... and my abs... and my arms... and my back. I used to be able to do them and not get sore. Not this time. I've been so focused on my running that the rest of my muscles were ready for a change. Glad I did it, but glad to be back to running. I need to find the right balance. Maybe one of my easy days will become a cross train day.

It's just so hard to convince myself to cross-train. I get so focused on milage, milage, milage that I erroneously think I shouldn't take a break from the miles. I really need to work on balancing that all out.

Other than that. Training is going well. I'm excited because my most recent Disney e-mail said they are sending out packets by the 16th. That's tomorrow! Wohoo!!!

On a sad note, my two biggest fans have said they are not going to be able to come to Disney. That makes me sad, but I also am trying to figure out how to budget the cost of the trip. Disney is not a cheap place, so I also may need to rethink if I can really afford it. What a tough decision!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Welcome back! My Physical Therapy guy says the strength training is more important to the running than the days you run. It's still hard to remember to do it, but I'm hoping it will help. Also, building up some muscle and tone burns more calories!!

Pokey said...

I am also not good at cross training. :( I guess just mentally, since I am so short on time to train, I figure that any time I DO have should be spent running. It's hard to break that mindset.

Jamie said...

Cross-training helps the running a lot but it is very difficult finding the time to making it all work in the busy schedule. For weeks I have been trying to get 2 weight sessions done a week. I have only been able to get in 1. Good luck figuring it all out!

Bill Carter said...

Where have you been?? I am really getting excited for you because it is coming up fast. You really should try and work on some core strength stuff because I think that makes the most difference for your running. I do a lot of yoga and I think that has made me stronger in the late stages of races.

Btw, thank you for your kind commments on my blog. I can't wait to be excited for you after your marathon.

Marcy said...

Welcome back chica!!! I agree with Bill although core stuff STINKS!! I hate, hate, hate it :-X LOL

In reference to your comments on the bathroom! You are SOOOOOOOOO NOT weird!! I've heard that you can pretty much judge how clean a restaurants kitchen is by looking at their bathroom. If they don't clean their bathrooms, you think they're going to clean they're kitchen? I'm totally a bathroom checker :P I'll have to come up with a system of grading though LOL

Marcy said...

*sorry I meant "their" not "they're" God my english is off :P