Friday, November 2, 2007

Sorry, time flies.

Everyday I get in to the office I make a to-do list. I'm a list person. I put blog on every list. For some reason that is one that just has not been crossed off all week. Grr!

When I ran last weekend I planned my blog in my head and then never got to write it. Booh!

Okay, first things first. BOSTON RED SOX WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 2007!!!! Yeah baby!
Had to get that out of my system.

So last Saturday was supposed to be a light 20 minute jog since Sunday was to be a long run. I haven't been running enough lately so I thought I'd do my 3.1 mile loop, even though that takes longer than 20 minutes. A few weeks ago on Runner's Lounge, the blog, Amy had asked about new tunes to download. One of the suggestions was podrunner podcasts. I finally went and downloaded some and wow! What a difference music makes! The podcasts are free on itunes and they are about an hour long. They are broken down by beats per minute and so you can decide how fast you want the music by picking the podcast with a certain number of beats per minute and kind of match it with how fast you want to run.

I thought I put on an easy one but turns out I didn't. I put on one that was a bit faster than my normal pace. I normally don't run with my ipod but this time I did. I got to where I should have turned to finish my 3 mile square (well, actually rectangle) and decided to keep going. I then got to another place to turn and kept going. By the time I did get close to the house I was at 54 minutes and so I said "why not make it an even hour?" So I kept running until I hit 1 hour (1:00:12 actually) and then stopped. Turns out it was 5.35 miles.

The great part was that I felt like I could have kept going for forever! My legs felt great, my lungs were happy. The only thing was that my brain took over and said "look lady, you've been running for an hour and Water Boy is sleeping. You need to get some fluids or you'll screw yourself over for your next run." Stinkin brain ruinin my endorphin high.

On Sunday I was pretty sore so I did do my easy 3 miles, but I loved it because the previous run was so great.

I haven't had much time to get in runs this week. I feel like I spend waaaaay too much time in the office these days, but most of the really pressing stuff has been resolved this week. But I thought the same thing last week.

I was going to run a 5k here in town this weekend, but I want to get in more milage this weekend, so I'm going to run on my own instead. I think I'm going to put my $20 registration fee away and save it for my next pair of kicks. They will be bought this month because I have a coupon. Yay Marcy!!! Gotta love the coupons.

So that's my catchup report for this week. Fairly uneventful. Now I have a ton of catching up to do with my BRF's and then I need to go home so I can run. Have a great weekend.

Oh, and did I mention that my Red Sox won the World Series? No? Well, they did.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a great couple of runs! Don't worry too much about not getting all the runs done. Life happens and hopefully work will slow down for you soon. Best of luck with your training runs this weekend.

Bill Carter said...

The Sox certainly kicked the ... out of the Rockies. It wasn't even close. It sounds like the running is going well for you and you will just have to maintain the consistency to have a great run at Disney. You are going to do great.

Marcy said...

Lookin good on those runs!!!

Did someone say coupon?!? OMG I'm all about it!! You better post a pic of the new kicks!!!

Pokey said...

Wow, I need to check out those podcasts!!! It sounds like just what I need!

Great runs too, Andria!

Dave Fleet said...

That long run sounds awesome! It's great when you get that runner's high - nothing beats it!