Thursday, October 25, 2007

Three ways I know I'm a runner...

Well, okay four. My bracelet from Runner's Lounge tells me so. Woohoo! I got it on Monday and so I'm a happy lady.

Okay, no. While I was running before the ball game last night I decided I was a runner because:

1) I can blow a pretty good snot rocket in a strong headwind and not get any backsplatter (oops, sorry P, I hope you weren't eating your lunch just then.) Seriously, that's a talent and there's no way I'm stopping and ruining a PR to turn around with my back to the wind.

2) Instead of thinking that the town should plant more trees to prevent that nasty Dust Bowl from happening again, I think they should plant more trees so that same nasty headwind would quit slowing me down.

3) I have a list of clothes that I shouldn't wear on days that I run because they make me feel slower when I get to running. I'm not talking running gear. I have this pair of baggy jeans and every time I wear them the day of a run my run stinks. When I wear tighter clothes before the run I feel like my runs are better. Weird.

Anyway, had a great run last night. And my Sox won. Life is good.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Snot rockets? Really?

I guess I am too much of a girly girl.

You have to let us know the specifics on those "fast" outfits. I could use any advantage.

Nancy said...

It's official, I'm not a runner yet. No snot rockets.

Andria said...

Haha! You don't have to do snot rockets, but with the allergies I've been having, they're helpful. LOL! You are so a runner Nancy!

Bill Carter said...

I've got the snot rocket thing down to a science. You have to turn your head to the side and aim down (but not to far down, you might get your shoes). Honestly, I can snot with the best.
Sox looked pretty sweet last night huh? Beckett is the man and should be back for game 3 or 4.

Andria said...

For some reason, Bill, I knew you'd know what I was taling about with the snot rocket thing. Lol!

Running Ragged said...

I am impressed by number 1 lol

I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon though. ;)

Marcy said...

Andria we can't be friends anymore due to the last last bit. LMAO JK!!!!!

I'm still not a runner. I have to figure out number 1 LOL

Jamie said...

I have never mastered the art of a good snot rocket, especially in a headwind. Props to you!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ewwwwwwww, that's what gloves and sleeves are for!

zanne said...

omg. never heard it called a snot rocket. but that's good. except for when, you know ... the turbo boosters mis-fire & it just lands on your cheek.

Pokey said...

I'm with Ken....I am not a snot-rocketer, but I have been known to use my sleeve better than any toddler I know!