Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Trying to get my mind off work

I've had a really blah past two weeks at work and so I was just reading other's blogs to get me excited about quarter-mile repeats tonight. Bill blogged about his team. I started thinking about those who are going with me to Disney, my team and remembered a cute story. My sister and nephew are coming. My nephew is 5 and he knows that we are going to Disney. He just started kindergarten a few weeks ago and the day before school started my sister said to him "Tomorrow is a big day. Aren't you excited?" His response was "Is tomorrow the day we go see Andi run?"

Oh. My. Word. We are going to Disney and he's excited to come see me run? He does know what Disney is, but he can't wait to see the big race. Okay, I think I just found some motivation. If he's excited about the run I'd better keep up my end of the bargain! Also, I think he knows that if he sees me while I'm running he gets to give me jelly beans or something called GU. What 5 year old doesn't like that?

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Kids are SOOOO sweet at that age. My 3 y.o. is like that too. She's more interested in my running then my husband LOL