Thursday, September 13, 2007

Way too long!

Sorry, it has been too long since I updated on here. I have been in over-stressed mode doing on a project for work, but I completed it yesterday so I can relax again (for a little while anyway).

At the end of last week I felt groggy and really not myself. It was really windy so there was all kinds of nastiness kicked up in the air and I had some fierce alllergies that sucked the life out of me. Over the weekend we went to visit my new SIL and I was all set for a long run on the treadmill at the gym in her complex, but she did not have the most recent code and I never got in. And, it's not an area I'm really familiar with, so I didn't feel comfortable running on the road.

So now it is Thursday and I feel a bit like a slug. I read Amy's post ( http://blog.runnerslounge.com/2007/09/red-alert-3-day.html )a few days ago about getting crabby when you don't get yours runs in and I really feel that! I am so excited about my run tonight.

I'm trying not to let myself get more stressed out about the lack of running. My official 17 weeks to Disney hard core training starts next Monday! Yikes! So I haven't been as worried as I could have been if I was off schedule.

Oh! And I want to say happy running to my cousin who is running the MDI half marathon in Maine this weekend. He's the one who convinced me to run Disney (because he's running it too), so I wish him well in his race this weekend!

Thanks for keeping with me.

9 comments:

Bill Carter said...

Well, it is about time you posted. By the way, you have plenty of time to get even more ready for that little Disney Marathon. What a cool place to do your first by the way. I know you will do just fine because you are way ahead of the game. You have the knowledge and drive to be successful and of course you have all of us that you blog with. We will help you have a great first experience at Disney....just wait and see.
Bill

Jamie said...

Thanks for all your comments - it was nice to read. Don't worry about Disney you have plenty of time! I have always wanted to run that and hopefully I will someday.
Good luck with fitting your runs in but don't stress if it doesn't work according to schedule. I know how hard it can be sometimes!

Andria said...

I know, I have been so out of the loop lately! It's been driving me crazy. But, I'm calm today, catching up on other's blogs and getting psyched for post-work run. Woohoo!!

Dave Fleet said...

Good to see an update from you! You may see me at Disney... I'm toying with the idea of running it, but have to decide if my poor fragile leg can stand up to it.

As far as your comment on my blog goes... some of Toronto's are great, but it's getting harder to find them as I'm trying to not run the same route twice before Boston... seems the hardest part of my day is planning the route!

Thanks for checking in!

Dave

Nancy said...

Glad you are back and de-stressed for the moment. Have a great run tonight!! Plenty of time to be all crazy over missed runs!!

Running Ragged said...

Glad to see you posting again!You are right not to let a few missed days get the best of you...after all, you'll be running a bunch in your 17 weeks of training! :)

Marcy said...

Don't sweat it!! ;D ;D I know what you mean by getting cranky from running inactivity. Ohhhhh I know it well LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Glad that things are settling down and you can get a run in. Disney will be so cool. I ran it 10 years ago and loved it (ok, most of it) the last few miles were hard. But I will always remember running through the castle! How exciting - keep us posted.
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

RunToTheFinish said...

You know your a runner, when not running makes you crabby!