Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Found my club in the last 2 miles

Hmm, so many things to write, but I don't want the blog to turn into a big whinefest (well, maybe a little whining). Yesterday I was psyched for my run but I had a ton of crap stressing me out and it turned out not at all how I expected.

First, I am not an animal lover. So, the other week we found a mouse in our house (yes, it recently got cold) and it made me mad. We put out glue traps the first time we saw him, decon the second time we saw him and I saw him again yesterday. I have decided that the reason women screech (well, some of us anyway) when we see a mouse is not out of fright, but out of anger that the dang things dare show their faces in our homes! I'm allergic to cats, which everyone says is the surfire way to get rid of mice. So, now I'm just ticked.

I got running and this guy on a bike practically ran over me. I got ticked at that too. See, I'm a jumpy person so all of a sudden this dude flies by and I jump half out of my skin and he just looks at me and laughs. A$$.

Also, since I saw the mouse (we call him Miguelito) at lunch I lost my appetite. I ate a power bar before the run because I was starving since I skipped lunch. I however did not drink enough water and so I got stomach cramps.

After about 2/3 of the planned 3 mile run I was p*ssed off and grumpy and crampy and I walked. If I had been on a dirt road I would have been kicking rocks and doing the "razafracking, dangblanging" talk under my breath. I was on the road and there were lots of people out so I tried to keep my cool even though I was not happy.

I ran the last bit and went to the house to get water. After that I felt good and said, why am I letting this get to me?! I still was all gussied up for the run, so I went out and ran again. The short route, but it felt good that I didn't let the bad start ruin the whole run. In total it was 4.5 miles and most of it was running (except for the .6 miles that I was steaming and mad).

Good thing I'm a person that gets over stuff quickly.

Oh yeah, please let me live with the delusion that it is the same mouse. I do know that when you see one there like 20 you don't see. I grew up in the country with mice all the time, and even a squirrel once I think. I prefer to pretend that it is the same Miguelito all the time.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Whine on!!! If you can't do it here, where can you do it? ;-) You did AWESOME turning things around :-)

Maybe I'll have my neighbor's cats come by your place? I don't know what is worse. Seeing a live mouse scurry around or having a dead one that's gnawed to bits on my doorstep. Those darn cats are always leaving us "presents" Blah.

Jamie said...

We are here to listen so you can whine all you want. Plus, I do it all the time!

Last time there was a mouse in my old apartment I ran all the way down the hall screeching and jumped on the couch until someone came home. I am a total baby!

Nice work on getting back out there and finishing up the run. I would have just turn on the tv. Don't let the run get you down, there will be some bad ones along the path but the good ones make up for it!

Nancy said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah, you used THE CLUB. Whoo HOO!! Great job. Some one wise just said, it takes as much energy to be upset as to be happy :)

Yes, I echo, we are here for the whining. No one can be positive all the time, it wouldn't be normal or possible. Get it out and we will help get you through it!

Believe it or not, I am the mouser at our house, mostly out of necessity. My husband is freakishly afraid and grossed out by mice. We complement each other well, he takes care of hairy spiders, I take of the little mice beastlings. :) I hope you catch miguelito soon.

Andria said...

See, now spiders don't bug me at all. DH and I are just the opposite of Nancy and her DH. My hubby's cousin got bit by a spider and now he won't go near them. But, he was the one running behind Miguelito and trying to catch him. Yuk.

zanne said...

oh honey. listen. a little mouse in the house is nothing. how about a family of mice? living in your stove? only you don't know they are living there until you use the broiler for the first time since buying the house 8 years ago (i never said i was martha stewart) ... and you wonder what the stench is. and you wonder why all the smoke coming out from under the range top? i'm telling you - they had a whole compound in the insulation. it was mouse Waco. it was bad. but it was a surefire (omg. no pun intended) way to get rid of them. and the perfect excuse for a new stove.

miguelito has friends. just make sure they aren't living in your stove.

way to go on turning that run around & getting back out there! we all have those days of whining when nothing seems right & everything just serves to annoy us.