Monday, October 1, 2007

My little buddy found.

I did a bunch of walking on Friday since it was hubby's turn to drive the carpool. When I got home I saw my neighbor's kid walking down the street and decided to put on my roller blades and remind him that we were supposed to have gone on Wednesday. When I reminded him he was like "oh, yeah! Let me go get my skates on." And we went roller blading and it was a blast!

On Saturday I was scheduled for an easy run so I got that done in the morning. Then in the early afternoon, here comes NK (neighbor's kid) walking up my front steps with his roller blades on. So we went roller blading again but then DH and I had to go run errands. As soon as we got back from errands he rolled on over again.

NK and I were talking and he asked if I roller bladed much and I said I don't because I usually don't have anyone to go with. His eyes got big and he said "it's a good thing you found me then. We can roller blade every day." I told him I probably wouldn't want to go in the rain or snow, but we could go most days.

Yesterday I was supposed to do a long run but I wasn't able to get it in. I had to do a favor for my mother-in-law and then there were the soccer finals (our team won - WOHOO!). By the time we got home it was practically dark and we weren't home for three minutes before NK came over with his roller blades on! He is so funny!

So, I may not have ran as much as I would have liked, but I did get lots and lots of cross training in and I have a new shadow, so I think it all worked out. I'll try to get in extra milage on my normal runs this week to make up for the missed long run.

Oh, and on Friday I spent way too much time playing on www.runnerslounge.com . I probably will do the same today. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. It's a fun place to find people and information and it will just get better and better as others start to use it. Thanks Tom and Amy for creating it for us! You guys rock!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

How fun! Even though you didn't get your long run done this week it sounds like you worked out plenty. It's always nice to mix up the schedule a bit.

Marcy said...

How freekin cute is that? I absolutely agree with Jamie, sounds like you kept yourself busy enough doing cross training that a long run wasn't needed ;)

Nancy said...

AHH, you are so cute!! I wish I lived closer, I think we would totally get along. And you could occupy my kids :D just kidding.

Anyway loved your idea about Prince naming strategies. Hilarious. I'm actually starting to reconsider. The name DOES mean something to me and maybe I should hang on to that for a while. Well, we'll see. Anyway, thanks for your nice comments!!

Bill Carter said...

You are one of those just super nice people aren't you? You and my wife are almost certainly cut from the same mold because everybody tells her that she is too nice to be an attorney. That is you also isn't it? I think that is a great thing. Congrats on a great new friend and don't worry the running will come.

Andria said...

I get that a lot. I could never be one of those mean nasty attorneys - I just don't have the heart for it. I am too nice :)

zanne said...

this is so sweet ... he's always going to remember the cool girl that would go rollerblading around the neighborhood with him. you just ooze good karma.