Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's raining so that means we should talk about shoes

I talk about shoes a lot here! But, when I went to look at some shoes at the store downtown they had these MBTs and they were, well, funky. They are about the ugliest shoes I've seen, but they are meant to simulate walking barefoot on "natural terrrain" similar to a tribe in Africa who have strong legs because of so much walking on "natural terrain" (I sound like the informational video here!) I think they are strange looking, but I can't stop thinking about them and I can't figure out why. I may try a pair on, but they run about $250.00 here at the local store, so they will have to get added to my dream list should I like them. Has anyone tried these? I don't think they are really for running, but for everyday wear or walking they seem interesting...

Anyway, it's raining today. And, as usual here in Kansas, it's not just rain but lots of lightening as well. So much for my run today. I don't have a gym membership since I prefer to do my training outside, but I may just break down and get one so I can go use the treadmill. I may just see if I can pay for a day because I think if I had a full fledged membership I'd go to they gym and use the treadmill more than I should. But I want to run, so it's probably worth it.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

"Physiological footwear denotes shoes that have a number of positive effects not only on the foot but on the whole body. MBT is the first physiological footwear. Masai Barefoot Technology is patented worldwide."

Hmmm..... I can't decide if it is a big gimmick or actually kind of cool. Whatever it is, it's a license to charge $250 !! Let me know what you find out.

Andria said...

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too... I just can't tell.

Amanda said...

My mother in law has those. She walks in them all the time and says they are great. I'm with you- I think they are UGLY.

Marcy said...

Why not just go for the Nike Free's? They're kinda the same type technology (I believe) and probably cheaper. It's supposed to be close to simulating barefoot running and strengthen your foot muscles.

Bill Carter said...

I'll admit that I am a chicken when it comes to shoes. I have run in the same two Asics shoes for years now and don't know if I would have the COURAGE to change. I have my trusty Gel Nimbus for when the feet are sore and my Gel Trainers for when I want to try and go fast (which is almost always!). MBT sounds kind of cool though...